About our Classes
The SBAC Youth Program believes in building creative confidence in our students through guided open studio time and personalized instruction. Our goal for students is to create a natural sense for innovation that will stay with them beyond the art process and into their everyday lives. Our students are encouraged to expand past the limit of the canvas through experimentation with a variety of new mediums and materials such as resin, spray paint, wood collage, skateboards, surfboards and anything they can imagine! Because of its unique location inside Resin, the home of the non-profit South Bay Artist Collective, students are taught by our local artists while surrounded by professional works of art.
Each session starts with a guided meditation to focus each child’s creative energy before moving into open studio time with our instructors who are here to help each student reach their creative vision.
We pride ourselves in having any medium a student might want to create with and specialize in mixed media, photography, gel crayon, photoshop, and painting.
Our After School Sessions are reopening with modifications to adhere to COVID guidelines
There are some modifications to how SBAC will operate our youth sessions at Resin in order to follow the guidelines set by LA County Department of Public Health. Things will be a bit different, but we are in this together!
Mon/Wed/Fri from 4:00-5:30PM, and Tues/Thurs from 4:30-6PM
SBAC Prevention Plan:
- Contactless online registration
- Child drop off ONLY at front of Resin – Parents wishing to remain on site can use the parking lot to wait for their kid(s)
- Kids and teachers required to wash hands pre & post session
- Scheduled hand sanitizing breaks throughout the day
- Masks must be worn by all kids and teachers during class
- Equipment/Materials used will be disinfected after every session
- Facility is deep cleaned once a week, bathrooms twice a week
- Bring your own water
- Kids must have signed waivers before entering the facility
Check out our students’ work on social media: